Pancreatic cancer warning signs can be mistaken for any other disease or a temporary condition. This is the reason why the pancreatic cancer is often detected only when it is in advanced stage and not earlier. Pancreatic cancer is the cancer of the pancreas, where growth of a malignant tumor takes place.
There are some minor and some serious warning signs of this cancer. In fact the serious warning signs are quite less, therefore this cancer is not detected as early as other forms of cancer. Here is taking a look at some of the pancreatic cancer warning signs:
* Diabetes Mellitus: Diabetes mellitus has been known to be a warning sign of this cancer and at times people who get the cancer first are known to suffer from diabetes after surgery. Diabetes therefore, is the cause and also the result of pancreatic cancer.
* Jaundice: Jaundice is another warning sign of this cancer. Cancer formation around the bile duct causes the bile to get collected inside the body resulting into cancer. This often helps in early detection of cancer. When the cancer is detected early on the chances of survival are higher.
* Loss of appetite, feeling of nausea, vomiting: These symptoms are constantly there in one way or the other. But there are many diseases which can cause these symptoms, therefore pancreatic cancer is often diagnosed at a later stage. At times these symptoms are strong towards the end. These symptoms can be eased out by surgery, however this is not guaranteed.
* Pains in abdomen: This is another symptom which starts more strongly after the pancreatic cancer has spread throughout the pancreas. The pain is a lingering one, generally starts in the stomach and moves towards the back. Intensity of this pain increases as the cancer develops.
* Alcoholic stools: This symptom is very difficult to recognize, until stool examination is done. This symptom generally occurs when the person is suffering with jaundice because of blockage of bile duct.
Pancreatic cancer warning signs are unfortunately coincidental with many other health problems. However, in many cases people also suffer from weight loss. This weight loss is quite substantial, thereby making it quite evident. Another important warning sign is that the cancer also makes the person go into clinical depression. However, this sign may vary from person to person.
However, it is important to get all tests done, once you notice that you have one or more warning signs mentioned above. These signs may vary in degree, however, you will start noticing increasing discomfort. Being alert about the pancreatic cancer warning signs may prove to be useful since this can help early detection and therefore a greater chance towards longer life.
One Comment on “Warning Signs of Pancreatic Cancer”
What about being totally fit & getting no jaundice but yellow eyes, scratching & crystals in your blood & urine. You are meant to look after people xoxo